“PAUSE” UPDATE: Wednesday May 13, 2020
We are very happy to announce that starting May 19th, 2020 we will resume fertility testing and treatment under new norms in consideration of necessary precautions and social distancing measures due to COVID-19.
All clinic operations will be offered by appointment only. The details of our safety measures and new operational framework will be reviewed with each patient prior to booking any appointment.
Patients who are doing timed intercourse and IUI cycles: emailing for Day 1’s will begin on May 19th.
Patients who are doing fresh IVF cycles and frozen embryo transfers: emailing for Day 1’s will begin on May 11th. Monitoring and testing for these cycles will begin on May 19th.
Patients who require testing can email to book their tests: in-clinic testing will begin on May 19th
We are excited to see you in the clinic soon!
Lisa Russell, RN, BScN
Clinical Practice Leader
Dear Valued and Deserving Patients:
After extensively considering many information sources including the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society and Public Health recommendations we have decided to invoke a PAUSE on fertility treatments at our clinic. Commencing immediately on March 23rd, we will not be starting any new treatment cycles. This situation will be reassessed every 14 days with a major reassessment planned in 1 month. We are open by appointment only for all clinic operations to allow us to diligently screen patients. We know you will need to reach us so we will be available by phone, email and fax. Please understand with patience as we try to contact all of you.
What does this mean for our patients and those who were planning to contact us?
1. Prospective patients: if you are interested in a consultation with the doctor we ask that you fill out our self-referral form on our website. We are conducting first consultations by telephone or video.
2. If you have completed your fertility testing and wish to book your second consultation appointment, please contact the clinic to do so. We are conducting second consultations via telephone or video.
3. If you have been ordered testing by our clinic, please contact us. We are happy to organize all testing so it can be efficiently completed when appropriate.
4. For patients who have completed their 2nd consultation with the doctor, we are providing telephone or video nurse consultations to review your treatment plan in full. Once clinic operations return to normal, you will be ready to proceed with treatment.
5. For patients that are waiting to start treatment cycles please contact us with your Day 1. We are happy to keep you informed as to the current COVID-19 situation and update you with any information we have about our plan moving forward.
6. We welcome all prospective and current patients to reach out with any questions, we are here to guide you during this uncertain time!
Most fertility patients have a unique and overwhelming time sensitive component to their condition. We understand that some patients have low AMH’s, high FSH’s and age factors that inherently grow as obstacles with the progression of time. We are keenly aware of these factors and how this must feel for our patients.
We are going to do all we can to stay informed and factor in a fair balance between keeping clients and staff safe while allowing patients to achieve their goals of parenthood as we move forward through the weeks to come.
No one knows what the future holds regarding the timing of the resumption of our normal functionality. It is encouraging however that early data has NOT shown any unique risks for PREGNANT women or NEWBORN BABIES. We do know that when we do resume our normal functionality, it will be modified with procedures that we had enacted prior to the pause; these measures include controlled entrance with screening prior to entry into the clinic as well as physical distancing utilizing our physical design, spaced appointments and appropriate staffing.
We are confident we will be able to abide by Public Health recommendations and provide quality fertility treatment in the not too distant future.
Lakeridge Fertility is located in Whitby, Ontario and offers comprehensive, individualized fertility treatment to the Durham Region and surrounding area. With many years of experience as the Medical Director of one of the busiest fertility clinics in the country, Dr. Browning provides a solid foundation for the formation of Lakeridge Fertility.
We understand the importance of continuity of care in treating couples who desire to explore all options to achieve pregnancy. We understand the importance of convenience regarding location, and having Lab and Ultrasound performed on site. Our caring and knowledgeable staff offers state of the art technology to help couples achieve their goals in a warm, supportive and respectful environment.Please browse our site to find more information about our medical team, services offered and where to find us.
To make an appointment with our staff, please click on the Self Referral tab outlined in yellow on the left side of this Home page.
To download a referral form for your doctor, please select the Physician Referral Form outlined in purple found on the left side of the Home page under the Self Referral tab.